ADSM-L

Re: Stale NFS File Handle

2000-07-11 16:01:40
Subject: Re: Stale NFS File Handle
From: "Viswanathan, Ramesh (CNA)" <ramesh AT SCR.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:01:40 -0400
From the NFS FAQ at: http://www.ebsinc.com/solaris/network/nfs.html

Q: Why do I get the following error message:

  Stale NFS file handle

A1: This means that a file or directory that your client has open has
been removed or replaced on the server. It happens most often when a
dramatic change is made to the file system on the server, for example
if it was moved to a new disk or totally erased and restored. The
client should be rebooted to clear Stale NFS file handles.

Hope this helps.

Ramesh