ADSM-L

Performance Issues

2000-07-10 16:37:02
Subject: Performance Issues
From: "Braich, Raminder" <raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:37:02 -0400
Hello,
   We have implemented an IBM 3494 tape library with four tape drives. The
platform is SAP R/3 3.1H, ORACLE 7.3.4, WIN NT running on IBM netfinity
servers. There are three servers that need to backup the data to the tape
library. The databse size is around 350 GB. All the three servers are runing
TSM 3.7 servers. There is one more server that runs TSM server software. The
SAP servers are connected via SAN data gateway using fibre channels. The
best performance we got is 5-7mb/sec. I know with the hardware we have it is
capable to do maybe 3-4 times better than what we saw, but I guess it is not
configured properly.
      What is the best performance any of you with the same paltform are
having? How can I tune it to get the optimal performance? Are there any SAP
specific parameters that I need to consider.

Thanks
Raminder Braich
Oracle DBA
Davey Tree Expert Company