ADSM-L

Conceptual question on ADSM scheduling

2000-07-07 15:56:13
Subject: Conceptual question on ADSM scheduling
From: Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:56:13 -0700
I'm just learning ADSM, but have been tasked to take over the ADSM of a
national corportation.  I'm having some trouble getting my head around
certain ADSM concepts.

Lets assume I backup 15 NT servers, all of them associated with a  schedule
named "NT-DAILY", which
kicks off at midnite sharp, Doesn't this cause a huge spike in load at
midnight sharp?  Is there a better way to spread this load, or do I have to
create different schedules like:  "NT-DAILY-1AM", "NT-DAILY-2AM", and
associate them with a few servers each?

It seems a bit ludicrous to me that similar servers will be backed up
simultaneously..... can anyone clarify this for me?

Best regards,
Daniel Swan