ADSM-L

Re: Invoking DSMC via at command

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Subject: Re: Invoking DSMC via at command
From: John Monahan [mailto:JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
"at" or the nt scheduler service runs under the system account by default,
which often is the cause of scheduled items failing.  Try setting the
service to run under a specific NT account.  Test and troubleshoot your
script/command while logged in under this same account, once it is working
fine, it will also work fine when scheduled with at, since it will have the
same rights, etc.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    "Magura,
                    Curtis"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <curtis.magura        cc:
                    @LMCO.COM>            Subject:     Invoking DSMC via at
command
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    07/07/2000
                    01:14 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Trying to issue the command dsmc incr from an at command on NT. It's a long
story but I can't use the standard scheduler service. I issued the set
commands to setup the environment variables but I'm getting the following
error when the bat file is started via at:

ANS0101E NLInit: Unable to open message repository 'dscameng.txt'.

If I run the same bat file from a DOS prompt it runs fine.

Obviously I don't understand everything I should about at. Does anyone have
an example of doing this?

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.