ADSM-L

Re: Message ANR9999D Reason:33

2000-07-07 08:09:48
Subject: Re: Message ANR9999D Reason:33
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:09:48 -0400
>TSM Server Diagnostic: ANR9999D: Error reading from disk
>D:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\TSMDB1.DSM. Reason: 33

>Does anyone know what reason code 33 means, or what is going wrong ?

Refer to your Microsoft error codes reference for such numbers.
From my reference, it says:

 33                 The process cannot access the file    ERROR_LOCK_VIOLATION
                    because another process has locked a
                    portion of the file.

>The error occurs when clients are doing an incremental backup.

Might the NT client you are running be backing up the D: drive where
the database itself resides?  Or some other conflicting process is
going at the database?  Just possibilities.  I don't see any relevant
BUF011 reports in the APARs repository.

    Richard Sims, BU