ADSM-L

Message ANR8786I when checking tape into 3575 library

2000-07-07 04:33:23
Subject: Message ANR8786I when checking tape into 3575 library
From: Ray Hicken <Ray.Hicken AT COTEC.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:33:23 +0100
While checking tapes into our 3575-L24 library I inserted the wrong tape. I got
message ANR8323I telling me to remove the wrong tape and insert the correct one.
I did this but ADSM refused to recognise the tape. It loaded it into a drive,
unloaded it then issued the message again. I tried a few times then cancelled
the process. Later I checked it in OK so the tape label was OK.

We are ADSM 3.1.2.50 on AIX 4.3.3.

Any ideas will be very welcome.

Ray Hicken
COTEC Computing Services