ADSM-L

Re: sql query question

2000-07-06 11:39:16
Subject: Re: sql query question
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:39:16 -0500
Now you are probably talking about within a dsmc and not a dsmadmc ('cause
it works under dsmadmc)

so to do a dsmc and capture its output do something like...

 eval nohup dsmc q sched  -pass=xxxpswd  >testit.out 2>&1

zdec23@ttcstg02/home/zdec23 > more testit.out
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2000, All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: TTCSTG02
Session established with server MYADSMSEV: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0
  Server date/time: 07/06/00   10:24:29  Last access: 07/05/00   18:15:20

    Schedule Name: UNIX-1800
           Action: Incremental
          Objects:
   Next Execution: 7 Hours and 36 Minutes
         Duration: 2 Hours
           Period: 1 Day
      Day of Week: Any
           Expire: Never

testit.out: END

use the "eval" to force the break and the evaluation of the ">" and not
allow it to be passed to "adsm/tsm"

Dwight