ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Backups with TSM

2000-07-04 10:58:06
Subject: Re: DB2 Backups with TSM
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:58:06 +0200
On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 09:44:43AM -0500, Brian Johnson wrote:
> We're just starting to use DB2 - has anyone backed up DB2 with TSM,
> Is there a TDP for it - any pointers in the right direction would be much
> appreciated,
Nope, there is no TDP, since UDB ( as far as I remember from 5.2 ) has
native ADSM/TSM support.
Issue "db2 get db cfg for <yourdb>" and you'll see the *SM related variables
you can set:
 TSM management class                    (TSM_MGMTCLASS) =
 TSM node name                            (TSM_NODENAME) =
 TSM owner                                   (TSM_OWNER) =
 TSM password                             (TSM_PASSWORD) =

More information in the UDB admin guide, and the ADSM db backup redbook.
Also take a look at db2adutl and dsmapipw executables in your sqllib/adsm and
sqllib/bin.
--
                        bx
                        bx