ADSM-L

Re: Colocation and rebinding

2000-07-03 12:52:30
Subject: Re: Colocation and rebinding
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:52:30 -0400
Changing the management class will cause all ACTIVE files to be rebound the
next time a backup occurs.

It won't cause any massive overhead (you'll get a LOT of entries in the
scheduler log showing the rebinding has occurred, but it looks a lot worse
than it is).  It won't cause additional backups to occur.  But, it won't
cause your existing backup versions to move to new storage pools, either.

You can't do what you want to via reclamation, because reclamation only
occurs WITHIN a storage pool.