ADSM-L

Tru64 V5.0 Client install probs.

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Tru64 V5.0 Client install probs.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi, I hope someone out there can help.
I recently tried installing the TSM v3.7.2 client for Tru64 (IP21941) on a
Tru64
v5.0a System. From the very first attempt I've been getting a bunch of
errors
from "pax" in the install utility and have had no success at all. When
starting
the install, I get the messages shown below. I've been told that the OS was
installed on this workstation with a fairly "default" configuration, despite
references to the "/cluster/members/member0" path. I only have access to one
box
at the moment so I haven't been able to see if this happens on other
systems.
Any help greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Mark.
# /usr/sbin/setld -l `pwd` DSMBAC372

Checking file system space required to install specified subsets:

File system space checked OK.

1 subsets will be installed.

Tivoli Storage Manager Backup/Archive Client and Web-client V3.7.2.0
   Copying from /cluster/members/member0/tmp/install.tsm (disk)
pax: usr/bin/dsm : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsm.jar : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmadmc : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmagent : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmc : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmcad : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmstat : No such file or directory
pax: usr/bin/dsmtca : No such file or directory
pax: /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/admin : Same file
pax: /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/admin/bin : Same file
pax: usr/tivoli/tsm/client/admin/bin/dsmadmc : No such file or directory
etc...