ADSM-L

Re: IMPORT question

2000-05-30 20:30:21
Subject: Re: IMPORT question
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 20:30:21 EDT
In article <852568EF.0067AB3D.00 AT loudom1.humana DOT com>, "David Browne."
<dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM> says:

>I am in the process of attempting to IMPORT data from one TSM serve to
>another. The servers run on an MVS mainframe OS390 2.8. The TSM servers
>are  Tivoli Storage Manager for MVS Version 3, Release 7, Level 1.0.
>When I start the IMPORT I it runs ok until it mounts the second volume.I am
>using Magstar tape carts for the EXPORT and IMPORT. Here is what the error
>is:
>
>ANR5321I End of volume reached for 470705 on device 0793.
>ANR1365I Volume 470705 closed (end reached).
>IEC501A M 0791,477348,SL,NOCOMP,ADSP01TE,ADSP01TE,PASSTECH.EXP
>OPS1181H ADSP01TE OPSS (*Local*) MVS MSG.IEC501A ROUTE SYSF,TMTAPEQM
>3590 SUB 1
>ROUTE SYSF,TMTAPEQM 3590 SUB 1 IEC501A ADSP01TE SYSF
>TMS009  IEC501A M 0791,477348,SL,NOCOMP,ADSP01TE,ADSP01TE,PASSTECH.EXP
>IEC271I MESSAGE DISPLAY '477348' ON 0791 ISSUED BY JOB ADSP01TE
>ANR1363I Input volume 477348 opened (sequence number 2).
>ANR0694E IMPORT NODE: Invalid record format (98) detected on import.
>ANR0728E IMPORT NODE: Processing terminated abnormally - internal error.
>ANR0620I IMPORT NODE: Copied 0 domain(s).
> Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to resolve it?

I have not seen this exact problem as we have not run the mvs server.
We did have what looked like the same type of problem on a vm server
in the past with a db restore when it went to a second tape. The header
information on the tape was incorrect.
At the time the adsm folks gave us a special version of the dsmserv
module that could work around the problem to let the restore finish.

If you are sure that you do not have any problem with your tape
management software, you might want to give the tsm support folks
a call and see if they can help.

/len boyle

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                        (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
Cary NC 27513