ADSM-L

Re: Admin Password

2000-05-30 04:38:54
Subject: Re: Admin Password
From: Riccardo Capecchi <r.capecchi AT CINECA DOT IT>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:38:54 +0200
Alyn Bush wrote:

> I'm using ADSM web 3.1.2.40
> I'm trying to change "ADMIN" passowrd. Any implication?
> Also when I open the window an if I enter only user name "ADMIN" and press
> enter it enters without entering the password. How? Why?
> Previously I changed the "ADMIN" password by going to Object View -->
> Administrators --> select Admin user from pull down menu select Update an
> Administrator.
> Still we can log in to Admin user by using "admin" as password.  ??
>
> Thanks a lot
> Alyn
> FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

Have you set up the check of the password ? if not, only username is needed to
enter.
Check it at:
Operation view -> Manage security -> Set server authentication -> on.

--
                Saluti, Riccardo Capecchi
                Saluti, Riccardo Capecchi

Gruppo Gestione Sistemi - Cineca Bologna                  |
Gruppo Gestione Sistemi - Cineca Bologna                  |
www.cineca.it - 051-6171657 - Fax 061/6137273             |

The box said "Requires Windows 98 or better."             |
I can't understand why it won't work on my Linux computer |