ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.1 - What version of ADSM/TSM client do I need

2000-05-30 01:49:51
Subject: Re: Netware 5.1 - What version of ADSM/TSM client do I need
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:49:51 +0200
There is no definitive answer as the problems encountered are not only NW
based, but also ADSM based.

Latest client version 3.1.0.8 works fine in most cases, but fails on some
servers with error 4.

Novell claims it is a problem with the way ADSM client (DSMC) looks and
accesses the TSA and SMDR. They also claim that SP4 and SP4A have patches
which will fix this (They don't).

So, if it works for you, there is no reason to move to another version.
3.1.0.6 works on NW5, but will have problems if you work with NDS8.

Happy decision making.

Mike