ADSM-L

dsmsched.log file locations

2000-05-28 16:29:19
Subject: dsmsched.log file locations
From: Rik Foote <Rik_Foote AT WESTPACTRUST.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 08:29:19 +1200
Morning all.

I am running
ADSM 3.1.2.50 and
Client    3.1.0.8 on
Solaris   2.6

I recently changed the location of the dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log files
and updated the dsm.sys file, stopped the client, moved the log files to
their new location and restarted the client and the server to bring in the
change. But now I seem to get ADSM writing its logs to both places.

The dsm.sys file looks like
   Node               e10dev1
   tcpnodelay         yes
   schedmode          prompted
   schedlogname       /opt/tsmbkp/dsmsched.log
   schedlogretention  7 D
   errorlogname       /opt/tsmbkp/dsmerror.log
   errorlogretention  30 D
   inclexcl           /opt/IBMadsm-c/dsm.list

and the dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log files do exist in directory
/opt/tsmbkp and are being updated daily
e10dev1(m260634) - /opt/tsmbkp 68 :# ls -l
total 15428
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     other      26245 May 27 02:41 dsmerror.log
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root     7863282 May 27 02:41 dsmsched.log
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root     7863282 May 27 02:41 dsmsched.log
but the dsmsched.log file has been recreated in the original directory
but the dsmsched.log file has been recreated in the original directory
/opt/IBMadsm-c, and is still being updated daily
e10dev1(m260634) - /opt/IBMadsm-c 74 :# ls -l dsmsc*
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root     1115586 May 27 02:41 dsmsched.log
It seems the client is logging to the new location, but server type log
It seems the client is logging to the new location, but server type log
messages are being written to the old location. This is the last few lines
of the old location file
Normal File-->           737,280
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/secure/workflow/efmlocn.nsf [Sent]
Normal File-->           524,288
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/secure/workflow/speedwlg.nsf [Sent]
Directory-->               2,048 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/DbTemp [Sent]

Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/Dirty [Sent]
Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/MailTemp [Sent]

Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/RepTemp [Sent]

Normal File-->           106,496
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/DbTemp/Tempfile.doc

and the last few lines of the new location file
Normal File-->           737,280
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/secure/workflow/efmlocn.nsf [Sent]
Normal File-->           524,288
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/secure/workflow/speedwlg.nsf [Sent]
Directory-->               2,048 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/DbTemp [Sent]

Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/Dirty [Sent]
Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/MailTemp [Sent]

Directory-->                  96 /opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/RepTemp [Sent]

Normal File-->           106,496
/opt/notes/ldsdev01/tmp/DbTemp/Tempfile.doc

Today they are identical, but this is not always the case. I suspect that
the server is still writing to the old location. I have checked out
everything I can find about server options in the redbooks and Admin
guides, etc. but cannot find anything relating to path names of server log
files.

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Rik Foote,
Storage Management (ha!)
WestpacTrust Bank
New Zealand
The contents of this e-mail are confidential to Westpac Banking
The contents of this e-mail are confidential to Westpac Banking
Corporation.  If you have received this communication by mistake,
please advise the sender immediately and delete the message and
any attachments.
The views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of
Westpac Banking Corporation.
Westpac Banking Corporation is incorporated in New South Wales, Australia.