ADSM-L

Re: Changing TSM client httpport - not possible?

2000-05-26 14:51:55
Subject: Re: Changing TSM client httpport - not possible?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:51:55 -0400
>Tried changing the Web http port from 1581 to 81 in the GUI - got an
>"invalid entry" error.   Tried adding it to the client opt file - didn't
>work.  Called tech support and was told that the port number has to be
>between 1000 and 32747 because it was hard coded.  He couldn't tell me why
>this was so.

Perhaps more specifically they meant to say that the port number must be
1024 or above?  By convention, ports 0-1023 are Reserved Ports, to be used
by the superuser, as would be in the case of providing services rather than
using them as a client.  *SM Support should be able to provide information
such as this.  Perhaps someone in development could knock on that noggin?
It would also help to have the error message come out and say what's wrong
with the specification, rather than the nebulous "invalid entry" error.
    Richard Sims, BU