ADSM-L

SQL Agent

2000-05-26 13:34:03
Subject: SQL Agent
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:34:03 -0700
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help on the SQL end of things. Does anyone have a
good dsm.opt to use with the SQL agent? I'd like to compare what I've come
up with and see if I'm getting this right. I was also wondering if you run
the backup through a .cmd file that ADSM calls for the backup. Does anyone
have a good example of what this should include?

How do you do SQL backups, full every day with one schedule? Incrementals 6
days a week and one full??? I'm not sure how I need to set this up. I was
also wondering if I need to include a management class in the dsm.opt to
have the files expire on their own....or do they really?
Thanks for the help...
Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group