ADSM-L

Re: Window 98 Registry backup problem

2000-05-24 15:18:52
Subject: Re: Window 98 Registry backup problem
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:18:52 -0400
GaryI wrote a while ago, in part..
>         I have a Windows 98 client (Tivoli 3.7.1.0) that gets the error:
>             ANS4036E An error occurred saving the registry key.

We've also seen this (both 3.1.0.8 and 3.7....).  In our case, it the
problem was neither noretries nor copyserialization static.  When I
deleted the adsm.sys folder, the registry backup ran to completion.
I've no idea how that machine got into the situation enabling the
failure, nor the exact cause.

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System