ADSM-L

Re: redirecting commands on OS/390

2000-05-24 10:26:36
Subject: Re: redirecting commands on OS/390
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:26:36 -0500
     Why don't you make an FTP the last step of the script and send the
     data to the mainframe that way.
     Jim Sporer

Subject: redirecting commands on OS/390
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at IPNET
Date:    5/24/00 8:50 AM

Hi to all the *SM - Freaks out there.

I've got the following problem:

I have a small script that gives me a daily statistic about the scheduled
client-events, the system status, volumes, etc.
I can run this script directly from the Command Line Interface and redirect the
output to a file on my local drive or to a file
on a network-drive. But how can i redirect the results of this script to a
MVS-File? I'd like to this, because in this case I could
start this script via a schedule a would have the results ready when i arrive in
the morning.

I would really be happy about a answer. hope to hear from you.

Greetings and thanks a lot