ADSM-L

Re: Errors on Scheduled backup

2000-05-23 12:56:14
Subject: Re: Errors on Scheduled backup
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:56:14 -0400
"Media Mount not possible" means ADSM wants to mount a tape, and can't.

If you are backing up to a disk pool, you get this message when the
remaining free space in the disk pool is too small to contain the file you
are trying to back up (not surprising, since it's a really big file).  Then
ADSM tries to switch to direct-to-tape backup.

If you are expecting to back up to tape, you can get this message when ADSM
tries to mount a scratch tape and there is no scratch tape available.

Are you trying to back up to disk or tape?