ADSM-L

Re: Are the files treated as deleted if the drives are disconnected

2000-05-23 09:29:24
Subject: Re: Are the files treated as deleted if the drives are disconnected
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:29:24 -0500
Peter Griffin wrote:

> I have a large NT file and print server with approx 20 SCSI connected EMC
> drives
> defined.
>
> I would like to know if ADSM will regard the files located on these drives as
> deleted if an incremental backup is performed with these drives disconnected?

Short answer is "no".   The files are still marked active.   In fact if you
actually remove the drive,  TSM will keep the files around forever since they
are
marked active.  You actually have to remove the filespace to get rid of them, or
reattach the drive, delete the files, and perform a backup.

It is the same thing as filesystems in Unix.   If you remove a filesystem, the
files within it are still marked active in TSM.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com