ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/TSM -- ResourceUtilization parameter

2000-05-22 09:24:48
Subject: Re: ADSM/TSM -- ResourceUtilization parameter
From: Arturo Lopez <arturo.lopez AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:24:48 -0500
Hello,

I have been testing Resourceutilization on a NT Server Srv Pak 4 Cluster
Server.  I have been able to control sessions per Node and Cluster Drive.  I
have my DSM.OPT file set to backup using Resourceutilization 3 this backs up
the C & D drives on my cluster servers.  My cluster.opt files are set to
resourceutilization 6.  I have three cluster drives per server.  I have had
all twenty-four sessions running at once.  The problem that I am
encountering is that the NT cluster server does not have the Processor Power
to keep up.

The second problem that I have been having is that we have been overrunning
our RS/6000 ATM Adapters,  This test server is running TSM 3.1.0.7 and the
client is running  TSM 3.7.2.01 I have about one hundred servers on a test
box.  This added feature is nice but has caused problems on our test server.
The ATM adapters are not able to keep up with data.   We plan on using this
feature on some of our very large 1TB Cluster Servers.

Our possible solution is to move to 10GB ATM Adapters.