ADSM-L

Re: Del Volhist ???

2000-05-18 09:50:33
Subject: Re: Del Volhist ???
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:50:33 -0400
Yes, you can delete old VOLHIST records of these types.

As far as I have been able to figure out.  ADSM does not itself use the
STGNEW, STGREUSE, STGDELETE records for anything.  The only time you would
need them is if you are trying to clean up and audit tapes after a data base
restore to a back level, where you end up with tape media out of sync with
your data base.

So I delete any of THESE types of VOLHIST records that are older than my
oldest DB backup, since I could never go back in time any further than that.
(Be careful though - don't delete other stuff like the EXPORT records in
VOLHIST that could still match up with valid tapes!)