ADSM-L

Exchange Server: TSM Sizing

2000-05-17 12:37:18
Subject: Exchange Server: TSM Sizing
From: Oliver Janzen <OJANZEN AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:37:18 +0100
Hi all,

Has anyone of you any experience with Microsoft Exchange Servers?

I´m actually sizing an TSM environment for a customer. For the backups
of Exchange Databases I´d like to use the Tivoli Data Protection for MS
Exchange.

I just don´t know how to estimate the amount of transaction log data per
day.

The whole Exchange environment will have 2 TB of disk storage.
If I assume this amount for the database, what will the amount of
transaction logs per day be? Ideas?

Or do I have a chance calculating these amount of transaction log data on
the basis of the number of exchange users?

Kindly regards,
                               Oliver.