ADSM-L

Re: How I can delete 1 File from all Filespaces

2000-05-17 11:06:30
Subject: Re: How I can delete 1 File from all Filespaces
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:06:30 +0200
Hi there

I had the same pb to solve.
Before removing the files from the client harddisk, do the following :

1) define a TEMP mgmt with the following params 1 0 0 0

tsm: ADSM>q co nt active

NT  ACTIVE BCK_NT_DATA_USER STANDARD No Limit  2 33 65
NT  ACTIVE TEMP_NT          STANDARD 1         0 0  0

2) rebind the files on all your clients using a CLOPTSET
(you must define a CLOPTSET for the concerned NODES)

tsm: ADSM>q cloptset
Optionset                     Description
-------------------------     -----------
NT_DATA                       ...
NT_DATA                       ...

Option                        Sequence     Override     Option Value

-------------------------     --------     --------
---------------------------------
INCLEXCL                             0          Yes     Include D:\...\cache.dsk
INCLEXCL                             0          Yes     Include D:\...\cache.dsk
  TEMP_NT

tsm> upd node XXX CLO=NT_DATA

3) wait for an incremental backup ...
4) modify your CLIENTOPT to exclude them

tsm: ADSM>q cloptset
Optionset                     Description
-------------------------     -------------------------
NT_DATA                       Client Option Set NT_DATA
NT_DATA                       Client Option Set NT_DATA

Option                        Sequence     Override     Option Value

INCLEXCL                             0          Yes     Exclude D:\...\cache.dsk
INCLEXCL                             0          Yes     Exclude D:\...\cache.dsk

5) wait for another incremental backup
6) remove the file from the client disk

Hope this helps,
Rv

mezron AT hotmail DOT com on 17/05/2000 16:39:20

Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu