ADSM-L

Re: TSM backing up NAS appliances

2000-05-17 10:48:00
Subject: Re: TSM backing up NAS appliances
From: "Viswanathan, Ramesh (CNA)" <ramesh AT SCR.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:48:00 -0400
I have been waiting for this for quite some time now.  The storage vision
white paper
(http://www.tivoli.com/products/documents/whitepapers/storage_vision.html)
talks about support for NDMP and NAS backups but this feature is not yet
available.    There was mention of NDMP during the launch of TSM 3.7 last
year but it still seems to be vaporware. I wish some one from IBM give us
some kind of time frame when it would be available.

Ramesh