ADSM-L

Elementary Question about copypools

2000-05-17 10:27:48
Subject: Elementary Question about copypools
From: Jim Coen <coen AT WASHBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:27:48 -0500
    Hello Smart Ones,

    I now have ADSM purring along. However, I have yet to take any
    data offsite (we still do conventional backups and carry them
    offsite).

    If I understand it correctly, I implement the 'copypool' to
    copy backup data from the backup pool and take those cartridges
    offsite. This IS correct, isn't it?

    Here is my (elementary) question: We use Magstar 3570 (19
    available cartridges). They are *all* being used, plus some
    which are currently checked out. How do I copy all of this data
    to a copypool (what are the logistics of the process)? Is it
    necessary to put the cartridges into the 'in-out' slot one at
    a time? This puzzles me.

    Thanks ahead of time.

    Jim

    Jim Coen