ADSM-L

Re: How I can delete 1 File from all Filespaces

2000-05-17 09:36:29
Subject: Re: How I can delete 1 File from all Filespaces
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:36:29 -0400
You can't delete a single file that way.
You CAN do something like this:
    define a mgmtclass with very short retention (verdel=0, retonly=0)
    use the inclexcl file to tie your virus file to that mgmtclass
    create a dummy file, same name as the virus file
    do an incremental backup

Then TSM will then expire the "old" version of the file, and the low retention
will cause expiration to delete it the next day.

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris