ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Hello everyone.

The Tivoli site has a page Tivoli ADSM Flash which highlights
"Here's What's New about Tivoli ADSM this Summer".

In it describes the "Archive Description Rebinding" service.
Supposedly this service is in 3.1.2.30. Does anyone know if
this service use/is the CLEANUP ARCHDIR command?

I would like to get a second opinion before running the CLEANUP
command. This might be useful to us because we perform a lot of
archive and it may reduce the DB utilization by removing duplicate
objects.

We are currently at 3.1.2.50, yes still at ADSM not TSM :(, and
clients are 3.1.0.6. Do I need to update our clients to the latest
level too?  My "thing" is that if it's not broken, don't touch it - well
not
all the time. ;)

TIA,
Angel