ADSM-L

Re: memory exhausted

2000-05-16 04:03:53
Subject: Re: memory exhausted
From: Rainer Tammer <tammer AT SCHULER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:03:53 +0200
Hello,
On Mon, 15 May 2000 11:27:21 +0200, Horst Scherzer wrote:

>Winfried Heilmann wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have following problem with a AIX-BA-Client (3.7.0.0.) (oslevel: 4.3.2)
>>
>> ANS1075E
>>           *** Program memory exhausted ***
>>
>> Explanation: The program has exhausted all available storage.
>> System Action: Processing stopped.
>> User Response: Free any unnecessary programs, for example, terminate and stay
>> resident programs (TSRs), that are running and retry the operation. Reducing
>> the scope of
>> queries and the amount of data returned can also solve the problem.
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason?
>> Regards Winfried
>
>We've had a similar problem when there was only one memory segment
>(255MB)
>to the client available.

We had a similar problem.
You can patch the dsmc executable to use more memory segments.

I have done this on adsm 3.1.0.8 client. I think that the procedure is the same
for
the 3.7.x client (this patches only the exec header).
But unfortunately I'm on vacation... an I have no access to the patch data...

I try to send you the patch as soon as possible...

Bye
   Rainer Tammer