ADSM-L

Re: Data base

2000-05-15 20:50:01
Subject: Re: Data base
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:50:01 +1000
Joanne,

Have a look for "temporary" files being generated in a backed-up file
system with distinct machine-generated names eg including timestamps or
process numbers.  These may need to be corralled into a different
management class with a reduced retention.  Each one will take 600 bytes of
Database space.

Use Q OCC and look for an unreasonably large number of files as a first
step, then maybe the dsmsched.log for the suspect node.

Steve Harris,
AIX/ADSM etc etc Guy
The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia

"Gies, Joanne" <joanne.gies AT CONNEXT DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 16/05/2000