ADSM-L

Archives and management classes

2000-05-15 14:11:21
Subject: Archives and management classes
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:11:21 -0700
This probably sounds like something I should already know, but I don't, so
at this point it's ok to laugh.

ADSM Server V3.1.2.55 running on AIX 4.3.3, client NT 3.1.07.

I perform an archive: archive d:\adsm -subdir=yes description="test1"
archmc=monthly_mgt

Questions:
1. How can I tell what management class this archive is bound to? I really
need to make sure this is working properly.

2. Is it possible to define a management class for an archive when using the
GUI or will it always use the default management class? I can't see an
option to select one using this version of the GUI.

3. If I need to upgrade all of my clients to the newest version, just to get
this functionality, what might be some of the pitfalls. Will I have to
uninstall the older version, along with services we've created or can I just
install over it???

Thanks for the help....you can stop laughing now.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com