ADSM-L

Re: Attention: Customers using Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 for MVS and OS/390 server

2000-05-15 11:52:04
Subject: Re: Attention: Customers using Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 for MVS and OS/390 server
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:52:04 -0400
According to PTF UQ40683, one of the TSM3.7.2 upgrade PTF's:
PQ31998 -
  PROBLEM SUMMARY:
  * USERS AFFECTED:                                              *
  MVS only 3.7.0.0 or 3.7.1.0 level servers.
  * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:                                         *
  Page fixing a batch of I/O buffers was specifying a batch size
  of 1 rather than 16.  This meant the first page of the I/O
  page of the I/O buffers was fixed and the remaining 15 may
  not be fixed.  Code was added to the database backup component
  to ensure a full batch size was specified on the page fix
  request.
  * RECOMMENDATION:                                              *
  Apply PTF when available
  Database backup component was modified to specify the correct
  batch size on the page fix request.  This prevents I/O buffers
  from being paged out prior to Load Real Address instruction
PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
  Apply PTF

I have applied the maintenance, but haven't tried specifying something other
that 0 for FIXEDIOBUFSIZE.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.