ADSM-L

Backing up Novell's NDS with ADSM

2000-05-12 12:19:42
Subject: Backing up Novell's NDS with ADSM
From: Jeffery Carroll <jeffery_carroll AT AGFG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:19:42 -0500
We are to start backing up via ADSM NDS for our Novell Servers and looking
for some feedback.  The question(s) I have are.

Do you place the "Domain NDS:" switch in the  .opt file on all Novell
servers or only servers that have replicas
Will the "Domain Bindery:" switch be needed if Bindery emulation is in
place.
What are distinctions/ramifications of Master/Read Write replicas for
backups, if any.

Other backup platforms  that we have used previously would just have
"Backup NDS" switch,  and not request a specific server.

I'm just looking for some responses if you have done this.  If you have any
questions let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff