ADSM-L

Tape problem

2000-05-11 12:13:03
Subject: Tape problem
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:13:03 -0700
I have a tape situation I'm wondering if someone can help me with. It seems
this tape U00003 is supposed to be scratch. Yet yesterday the system
reported no scratch tapes available when migrating from disk to tape. A q
libvol shows the tape as scratch, q vol shows it not in a pool. How else can
I find out what's happened to this tape????

None of these commands show the volume anywhere:
adsm> q vol acc=unav
adsm> q vol acc=reado
adsm> q vol acc=destr

q libvol
3494LIB         U00003         Scratch

q vol
U00002                    NOTES_TPOOL  3590CLASS    27,819.3  100.0    Full

U00004                    NT_TPOOL         3590CLASS    34,429.6    59.9
Full

q vol U00003
ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com