ADSM-L

Re: Re-use DB backup tapes

2000-05-10 14:58:31
Subject: Re: Re-use DB backup tapes
From: Jim Coen <coen AT WASHBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:58:31 -0500
    ADSMers,

    To my earlier inquiry:

>     I am wanting to re-use tapes that have formerly been used to
>     backup the ADSM database, but ADSM will not permit it:
>
>        "Volume ADSM-BACKUP-WED already in use - skipped."

    I have received the following responses:

    *****   AND   *****

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Cook, Dwight E wrote:

> del volhist t=dbb tod=-###
> where ### is the number of days back that you want to delete references of
> data base backup tapes... and adsm won't let you delete the reference to
> your only valid data base backup tape...
>
> Dwight

    Thank you for your responses.

    The command "del volhist t=ddb tod=-###", while certainly
    correct, hasn't worked in my case. This is why I was seeking
    additional counsel.

    Does it make any difference that I am doing my DB backups on an
    8MM drive, hung on the SCSI chain of the ADSM server (AIX)?

    Thanks again for any help.

    Jim