ADSM-L

Re: restore to different location.

2000-05-10 14:24:00
Subject: Re: restore to different location.
From: Sean Duffy <sduffy AT TORSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:24:00 -0400
This is nothing new for *sm. Although currently using TSM 3.7 for windows
NT, I was able to do the same thing with ADSM 1.0 for OS/2. The companies
standard is to restore to an area designated for restores which as defined
as read only for users (If full access was given to the area I would not
have an area for restores). Of course there are exceptions ie, if a server
fails or I am dealing with sensative/secure data.

Sean Duffy
Network Analyst
Alcatel Canada, TA

TSM 3.7.1.0 for NT