ADSM-L

Restore times GUI vs command line

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Restore times GUI vs command line
From: Gary Ison [mailto:Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi folks,

        Has anyone noticed a substantial difference in the restore time
between the GUI and command line for the same operation?  I am trying =
determine the cause of a restore being extremely slow (MB/hr vs. GB/hr)
across a WAN/LAN connections vs. a LAN connection.  I'm restoring over =
3 GB
in 1=BD hours on the LAN side but it takes nearly 24 hours to restore =
the same
volume across the WAN/LAN connection.  Both client and server are at =
the
latest 3.7 versions and the client is using a TXNBYTELIMIT of 25600.

        Are there any issues with the GUI that you are aware of that =
would
slow down the process - i.e. negotiation time, retrieval (from 3590
cartridges), packet bundling, etc.?

        Thanks for the help.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>=20