ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery

2000-05-10 13:30:21
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:30:21 -0400
But what if your server fries and you try to recreate it from cartridges with
media errors? Isn't that the point of (offsite) copypool data?

Larry clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> cookde AT BP DOT COM 05/10/00 08:51AM >>>
No I don't use DRM...
Environments deemed business critical backup to adsm environments offsite,
since the backups are already offsite we don't perform backups of our
backups.
I do gather the information required to put the adsm server back together in
the event of a burnout of the adsm server as long as the tapes in the atl
still exist. If my tapes melt that is the end of it all... except that the
applications that are backed up there are still running and I point them to
another environment until I get the lost one rebuilt/replaced.

Dwight