ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery
From: Cook, Dwight E [mailto:cookde AT BP DOT COM]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
Ok, I can't hand out documentation... (some of that lawyer stuff)
What I'd do (actually what I did)
tell them you need a test/recovery server identical to your existing =
machine
perform a recovery... OH WHAT AN EYE OPENER IT WILL BE !
there will be so much stuff you'll need that you never even thought of !
then just make sure and set up jobs in your production environments that
will gather the info you've discovered you need to recover the
environment...
it will be ugly the first time but I thought it was rather fun... (ok, I'm
twisted)

later,
        Dwight

> From:         Jolley, Bill (Matlen Silver)[SMTP:bill.jolley-eds AT EDS DOT