ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery

2000-05-09 14:59:37
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:59:37 -0400
I would think once your mksysb is restored you would have everything but the
database, assuming its all on rootvg.

But is it true you do not need an identical machine?

I'm wondering:

If I have a ADSM server with both disk and cartridge based storage pools a tape
library  for storage pools and a second tape library at a remote site for the
copy pool, am I still set up for a rabid recovery?

Wouldn't I need to?:
have a server with similar disk allocation for the disk-based storage pools
have to remove all the copypool tapes from the second library, attach it to a
box at the remote site and define it as the tape library that was at the
primary site
then mark the  volumes in the storage pools in the primary library as
destroyed. But then wouldn't ADSM look for the copypool volumes in the (now
missing) tape library?

>>> bill.jolley-eds AT EDS DOT COM 05/09/00 02:50PM >>>
Once the mksysb, adsm db, devconfig,and volhist are restored, should'nt my
server code be
loaded?