ADSM-L

Re: Export question

2000-05-09 10:46:00
Subject: Re: Export question
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 09:46:00 -0500
to create just test data it should have no impact on the nightly incremental
run (famous last words!)
but to get the whole set of client data (like for moving to another adsm
server) you would want that client to have no activity during the export.
there will be lock contention within the ADSM data base while the client has
inbound traffic and you are running your export so activity for that client
and your export will slow down but other than that you should be OK.

In moving clients I've had them jump in on me and the only thing the
resulted from that was I would trash that run of the export 'cause I
couldn't be sure I had all the client's data on my export tape(s).

Dwight

PS and based on the amount of data the client has you might NOT be able to
have the export finish prior to the client's next 24 hour run...