ADSM-L

Netware 4.11 and long filename support w/ Client 3.1.0.5

2000-05-08 12:47:15
Subject: Netware 4.11 and long filename support w/ Client 3.1.0.5
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:47:15 -0600
Howdy, we have a strange problem here. We are trying to restore files to a
Netware client and some of them restore with their long filename but some
restore to a DOS name. I looked at the 3.1.0.8 client README and found
information in there about this and having to be at level 3.1.0.8 of the client
and level 3.1.2.40 (we ar at 3.1.2.0) of the server. Is anyone else at levels
below these and able to backup/restore long filenames properly?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources