ADSM-L

Support for old ADSM clients within TSM 3.7

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Support for old ADSM clients within TSM 3.7
From: Steven Bridge [mailto:ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are currently running ADSM 3.1.2.40 on our AIX 4.3 server and
I'm planning the upgrade to TSM 3.7.3 .

I've looked at the Tivoli pages concerning client support for
TSM 3.7 but on the Sun/Solaris front I can only see support for
Solaris 2.6 or 7 clients.

We have two SunOS 4.1.4 clients using the ADSM 2.1.0.8 client code.
Does anyone know whether these will work ( unsupported or not ) or indeed
is anyone running such clients against the TSM 3.7 server ?
Or will I just have to tell this customer that we can no longer support
their old SunOS machines.

Steven Bridge ( Systems group - UCL EISD Information Systems )