ADSM-L

Re: Problems with NFS files over 2Gb in AIX 4.3

2000-05-08 09:52:55
Subject: Re: Problems with NFS files over 2Gb in AIX 4.3
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:52:55 -0500
I take it you are saying that your adsm server is running on a box with AIX
4.1

You should be able to back up a file greater than 2 GB even in that
environment without a problem...

at least I could about 4 years ago when I first started messing with ADSM...

I can't remember if there was a specific level of adsm you had to be
above... I don't think so.

The only thing I can remember about AIX not allowing greater than 2GB files
was you couldn't make DB, LOG, or STGpool volumes greater than 2 GB
Taking in greater than 2 GB files from clients was never a problem (as far
as I can remember)

info that might help here would be
        what is the client box & operating system
        what is the server box, operating system, & adsm level

Dwight