ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:30:26
On 4 May 2000, at 8:56, ADSM: Dist Stor Manager wrote:
> >> sal's argument makes a good case for the new "backup sets",
>
> Absolutely correct! You have got it!
> In fact, this new functionality of 3.7 makies it possible
> in our shop to plan extending the *sm usage
> into areas where our restore time requirements
> has been preventing us from doing so till now!
> We only wait for network enabled restore from backup sets.

Once a "backup set" is has been used on a restore, your client has
been restored to the point-in-time of when the backup set was
created.  Do you - can you - then use normal tsm recovery to restore
the client up to the most current file versions in tsm?  In other
words, to restore right up the the last incremental backup time.

Rick