ADSM-L

Virus Alert

2000-05-05 13:34:50
Subject: Virus Alert
From: Sean Duffy <sduffy AT TORSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:34:50 -0400
It gets worse

Today I recieved an email refering to a new varriant of I Love You

VBS.LoveLetter.D and VBS.LoveLetter.E have the following Virus Characteristics

Infected emails have the following:

Subject line: Mothers Day Order Confirmation
Message text: We have proceeded to charge your credit card for
              the amount of $326.92 for the mothers day diamond
              special. We have attached a detailed invoice to this
              email. Please print out the attachment and keep it in
              a safe place.Thanks Again and Have a Happy
              Mothers Day! mothersday AT subdimension DOT com
Attachment name: mothersday.vbs.

I will be monitoring events related to this virus from home this weekend. I
have set up my pc to forward all my mail from work (I just hope my wife
doesn't kill me) I have also set up a broadcast list on my PC here that if
I find anything I can broadcast company wide, family and friends. I just
have to send from my pc at home to my pc at work. I have added the this
list as well. Please note my PC at work uses Eudora and My PC at home Uses
Netscape, so it will not auto broadcast this virus type.

Sean Duffy
Network Analyst (Including TSM and Anti-Virus)
Alcatel Canada, TA
1235 Ormont Drive
Weston, Ontario
Canada
M9L 2W6

(416) 742-3900 ext 492

mailto:sduffy AT torsel.alcatel DOT com

Please note a new varriant of the LOVELETTER Virus/Worm has been detected.
Please do not open any email with the subject MOTHERS DAY ORDER
CONFIRMATION in addition to yesterdays warning about emails with subject
LOVELETTER, VERY FUNNY or JOKE.

If any more new vaiarnts are discovered, broadcasts will be sent. If you
need any help, please contact the HELPDESK at 555.