ADSM-L

Re: security

2000-05-05 08:00:39
Subject: Re: security
From: Colet Ramon <rcolet AT AGBAR DOT ES>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:00:39 +0200
I think that any administrator can access the client through the Web interface
if it's available, and restore the data anywhere he or she has access. Moreover
anyone knowing the client Password (or an administrator who can change it) can
access the server from another Node simulating to be the sensitive node and
restore the data in their own workstation. I'm not sure how any Operating System
handles the file security in the Backup files.

The most secure way is encripting the data at the client level. Something ADSM
does not provide  but supports.