ADSM-L

Re: storage policies for backing up exchange

2000-05-05 07:14:12
Subject: Re: storage policies for backing up exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 07:14:12 -0400
Gary,

The Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange
User's Guide has a section on setting up your
policy definitions.  The section is titled
"TSM Policy Requirements and Recommendations".
It is in Chapter 2.

The main thing here is that in order to take advantage
of the "delete" command, you need to set the
VERDELETED parameter to 0 in the backup copygroup.
You need to use the "delete" (or adsmautodelete)
in order to remove old copies of backups because
each backup is given a unique name and does not
replace previous backups.

Also, we recommend that you are running
version 1.1.1.01 that is available from the
IBM ftp download site.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler