ADSM-L

backup to disk

2000-05-04 17:27:18
Subject: backup to disk
From: David Cui <davidcui0 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:27:18 -0700
Dear Netters,

I reinstall my AIX 4.3.1 and following is the
sequence I did to setup TSM to backup things
to tape.  Also

lsdev -Cc tape
rmt0 Available 10-60-00-5,0 4.0 GB 4mm Tape Drive
rmt1 Defined   20-60-00-6,0 IBM Magstar MP Tape
Subsystem

Would you please tell me what went wrong?

Thanks.

define library manlib libtype=manual
tsm: TSM>query library

    Library Name: MANLIB
    Library Type: MANUAL
          Device:
Private Category:
Scratch Category:
External Manager:
          Shared: No
define drive manlib typedrv1 device=/dev/mt0

tsm: TSM>query drive

Library Name  Drive Name    Device Type  Device
    ON LINE
------------  ------------  -----------
----------------  -------------------
----------------  -------------------
MANLIB        TAPEDRV1      4MM          /dev/mt0
MANLIB        TAPEDRV1      4MM          /dev/mt0
    Yes

define devclass tapedev devtype=4mm library=manlib
format=DDS1 mountretent=5
tsm: TSM>query devclass

Device       Device        Storage    Device
Format     Est/Max     Mount
Class        Access           Pool    Type
      Capacity     Limit
Name         Strategy        Count
          (MB)
---------    ----------    -------    ---------
------    --------    ------
------    --------    ------
DISK         Random              3
DISK         Random              3
TAPEDEV      Sequential          1    4MM
DDS1           0.0    DRIVES

define stgpool tapedata tapedev highmig=100
maxscratch=10
tsm: TSM>query stgpool

Storage      Device       Estimated    Pct    Pct
High  Low  Next
Pool Name    Class Name    Capacity   Util   Migr
Mig  Mig  Storage
                               (MB)
Pct  Pct  Pool
-----------  ----------  ----------  -----  -----
----  ---  -----------
----  ---  -----------
ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK               0.0    0.0    0.0
ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK               0.0    0.0    0.0
90   70
BACKUPPOOL   DISK               0.0    0.0    0.0
90   70
SPACEMGPOOL  DISK               0.0    0.0    0.0
90   70
TAPEDATA     TAPEDEV            0.0    0.0    0.0
100   70

update copygroup standard standard standard
destination=tapedata

tsm: TSM>query copygroup standard standard standard

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions
Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data
Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists
Deleted Versions Version
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------
-------- -------- -------
-------- -------- -------
STANDARD  STANDARD  STANDARD  STANDARD         2
STANDARD  STANDARD  STANDARD  STANDARD         2
 1       30      60

tsm: TSM>query copygroup standard standard standard
format=detailed

            Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
               Policy Set Name: STANDARD
               Mgmt Class Name: STANDARD
               Copy Group Name: STANDARD
               Copy Group Type: Backup
          Versions Data Exists: 2
         Versions Data Deleted: 1
         Retain Extra Versions: 30
           Retain Only Version: 60
                     Copy Mode: Modified
            Copy Serialization: Shared Static
                Copy Frequency: 0
              Copy Destination: TAPEDATA
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
         Last Update Date/Time: 05/04/00   14:14:00
              Managing profile: