ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:30:26

Hi Dirk,

Yes, the NT 3.7.3.0 server code is/was also affected, since it
included the problem client code as well.

The server PTF has since been refreshed, and I am currently
looking into the whereabouts of the client PTF (I expected it
to be back out yesterday).

As to your questions about the books:

The Windows compiled HTML (CHM) format offers a much richer
viewing technology than regular HTML. Among other things, it
provides search and index features, is more manageable in
terms of the number of files that are installed, has a
relatively small footprint, etc. Also, in terms of Windwos,
the CHM format is becoming the norm. In fact, the Windows
2000 help system is based on CHM. I also think that it is
used with MS Office 2000.

The CHM view (hh.exe, located in your \winnt directory)
requires a minimum of IE 3.02. I know that NT comes with
IE 2.0 by default, so that is not sufficient to use the
viewer. I'm sure you already know this, but you an also
Install IE and continue to use Netscape as well.

I can appreciate that this may not please everybody. However,
please note that the following resources are also available:

1) The stand-alone client includes the "Using the Backup-Archive
   Client" book in both PDF and CHM formats (it is the server
   that includes on the the CHM format).

2) The books are available via CD-ROM which includes HTML
   and PDF formats (or so I am told).

3) You can view the books online from the Tivoli web site,
   www.tivoli.com. The books can be viewed in either PDF or
   HTML format.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hello Andy,

is the client code in the NT v3.7.3.0 server also affected?

BTW: Why is the documentation in compressed HTML format? Me and many customers
don't use IE but Netscape! Why did Tivoli get rid of the normal HTML or the pdf
files that were used with v3.1.x?? Above all because these files already exist
for other TSM server platforms, don't they? That's very annoying!

Mit freundlichen Gr